How to Embed Video Content onto a Webpage
- Video embed code.
- Login credentials to WordPress.
- Name of webpage the video will be embedded into.
1. Obtain the embed code from the video source.
If the video source is YouTube, THEN
- Go to the video webpage.
- Click “Share”.
- Click “Embed”.
iv. Click “Copy”.
2. Login to the admin page of the website.
If you do not have the URL and login credentials to the website, email firstname.lastname@example.org detailing which site you wish to have access to.
3. Navigate to the landing page you wish to modify. After logging on to the website, select the “Pages” button on the left sidebar.
4. Type the name of the webpage into the search bar (or scroll to the desired webpage).
5. Hover over the webpage you wish to access and select “Edit”.
6. Insert a video element
- Click anywhere where you want to embed the video.
In this case, we want to click underneath “See what others are saying about our Facebook for a Dollar a Day Course!”.
ii. Select the “Elements” button on the left sidebar.
iii. Type “Video” in the search field.
iv. Then drag the “Video” icon to the location you desire.
7. Embed code to video element by pasting the code into the appropriate box.
8. Set the proper aspect ratio.
- Select the video.
b. Click “Frame”.
c. Set the aspect ratio.
- IF the video is vertical, THEN set aspect ratio to 9:16.
- IF the video is square, THEN set aspect ratio to 1:1.
- IF the video is horizontal, THEN set aspect ratio to 16:9.
9. Click the green “Save” button in the lower left corner.