Managing Public Figure Pages
Managing a public figure page on social media can be a challenging but rewarding task. Public figures such as politicians, celebrities, athletes, and influencers have a large following and their social media presence can significantly impact their reputation and social media image. As a result, managing their online presence requires a strategic approach, including content planning, engagement with followers, and crisis management. In this digital age, a well-designed public figure page can provide a direct line of communication between the public figure and their followers, increasing their reach and influence.
Create a Content Library:
- Use Mention, Google Alerts, CrowdTangle, and Brand24
- Content Library Template
- Ongoing Page Maintenance: 10 min per day by Virtual Assistant.
- Inbox Management
- Respond with a canned message or if you know how to help that person, assist them as needed.
- Engagement Management
- Like all shared posts.
- Comment on the shared post saying “Thanks for sharing!”
- Understand the prerequisites for building a page.
- Be willing to produce video.
- Have something to teach.
- Have a long-term mindset.
- Get the same profile picture across all platforms.
- Go to Facebook Page Creator and start creating your page.
- Connect to Business Manager.
- Create a Facebook ad account.
- Start boosting posts on Facebook using your Ad account.
- Plumbing- Set up tracking. Content: What to post.
If from a public figure, ask if we could quote them on that. Otherwise, reply with "Thank you!" or some other appropriate response.
Keep track of positive, high authority comments — add them to the content library.
- Hide all negative comments.
- Block persistent negative comments from the same person.
- Invite people to like the page.
Content Library updating
- Adding positive mentions.
- Iterating on “Greatest Hits”.
- Adding videos to your “Current Videos” section as you upload to Youtube.