Thanks for purchasing a personal branded website through our site builder tool. We appreciate your business and are excited help you on your personal branding journey. To get your site up and running we need will need you to point your DNS nameservers to our internal servers. This is because our tool requires that we have the ability to automatically create new DNS records or update existing ones.
For more information on how to get started, please see the instructions below.
*NOTE: if you purchased your domain through the site builder tool as part of our tier 2/3 packages, your domain will automatically be set up and there is no need for you to go through this checklist.
- Navigate to your DNS provider you used to purchase your domain.
- Find your domain and navigate to your DNS settings page.
- The nameservers will either be available to edit as NS records alongside all of your other standard records or, alternatively, as their own setting (typically named “nameservers”).
- Once you have found the nameserver settings, a.k.a. NS records, delete the existing records and paste in the 4 nameservers sent to you via email following your purchase.
- Once you are done, submit and save the changes.
Once you have completed these steps and saved the new nameservers the new DNS records will begin to propagate. It usually takes anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours for this process to complete so be patient. As soon as the records have fully propagated your site will be visible at your new domain.
For additional information about setting DNS nameservers please see the following documentation from popular domain registrars:
Questions? Concerns? Reach out to email@example.com for assistance.